BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday 3 September 2011

Audiobooks

This is my second post about Audiobooks. My first experience of them was not the best, as you can see from my original post: http://beyondtwilightfictionreviews.blogspot.com/2010/12/audiobook-review-of-need-by-carrie.html

I've been giving audiobooks another chance recently and have listened to several books from genres other than UF and PNR.

So far I have listened to His Other Lover The Secret Shopper's Revenge and Life and Laughing: My Story. Michael McIntyre

I have enjoyed all of these immensely. Lucy Dawson's His Other Lover was a brilliant cross between chick lit and a psychological thriller that I found myself listening to at every opportunity. The Secret Shopper's revenge was a longer listen, and kept me interested. I liked that there were several narrators to keep it interesting. Michael McIntyre's autobiography was great, narrated by the man himself and had me laughing out loud walking round the supermarket!

One thing these all have in common are British narrators. I think I find them easier to listen to as they are a bit more like my inner 'reading voice' in my head.

I have also listened to Darkling (Sisters of the Moon, Book 3) which is an American narrator but after the first hour or so, I had gotten past the accent and still enjoyed the book.


I'm glad I gave audiobooks another chance and am determined to keep listening to American narrators as well as British so I can listen to mix of genres. I've just signed up to an Open University course, so will have very little time for pleasure reading. Audiobooks are a great way to sneak books in when doing other tasks that you can't read a real book whilst doing- eg shopping, walking to work, housework.....

I'm listening to Kiss of Midnight (The Midnight Breed, Book 1) right now, so watch this space for a review!

0 comments: